Instead of letting them all go we cling to the wrong things, and therby not allowing ourselves to be stress free and happy.
Let go of the following:
1. Your need to be right. – Your ego is trying to make a point but in the process you lose friends or end up with complicated relationships. Don’t disagree over points that are not playing an important role in your well-being.
2. Stop controlling everything. – just allow people and situations to be. Allow everything and everyone to be just as they are and you will see how much better will that make you feel. You are wasting time and effort on unimportant things.
3. Stop blaming people and circumstances for what you don’t have. – Think positive and work for what you want. The world owes you nothing, you owe yourself everything. Stop giving your powers away and start taking responsibility for your life.
4. Don’t think negative thoughts. – Ban all negative thoughts and emotions from your mind. Stay positive, stay focused, keep trying and you will be the best self that you can ever be.
5. Stop limiting by your options by limiting beliefs. – Believe in yourself. Believe that miracles can happen and dreams can come true. You are capable of much more than you know.
6. Stop complaining. – The more you complain, the more negative you become and then you end up being angry and resentful instead of looking at all the positive things that you have that you should be thankful for. Change your attitude.
7. Stop criticizing – Everybody has the same needs. To be accepted, to be loved and to be happy. Give everybody their place in the sun. Nobody’s perfect and that includes you.
8. Stop trying to impress other people – stop trying to be someone that you are not. People know a fake when they see one. Be yourself, accept yourself and love yourself. People will be drawn to you if you are honest and open and show them the real you.
9. Stop resisting change – Change will happen continuously. Get used to it. We need to constantly evolve and change to better ourselves. Don’t stagnate at a semi-happiness level if you can change and be very happy.
10. Stop using excuses. – Get out there and do what it is that you want to do. Most of our excuses are made out of fear. You know what you want, now go and get it.
11. Don’t get caught up in the past. – The past was ignored by you when it was present. Stop deluding yourself. Be present in everything you do and enjoy life. Have a clear vision for the future, prepare yourself, but always be present in the now.
12. Never give up hope. – There is always a solution to all problems. Keep on trying to get there even if takes longer than you first anticipated.
Zelda Van Rooyen, mother of 3, recreation co-ordinator and inspiration to many writes for Look4it Knysna from Dubai.
She’s an ex-Knysnarian. Her articles are published on a Wednesday on a fortnightly basis.
If you would like to send Zelda a message, please forward it to email@example.com and we’ll make sure it reaches her.
Zelda recently made an appearance on Dubai Eye Get Fit Radio- listen to the show here: