HOW TO KEEP YOUR RELATIONSHIP TOGETHER
We all get into different kinds of relationships. When we get into a relationship with someone that we get to know well and love, it is a giant leap of faith.
There is never a guarantee that your heart will not be broken, no guarantee that your partner will never let you down, disappoint you or reject, even cheat on you. We constantly have to work at our relationships. It can never stagnate.
What would be the point then? When you feel that you are fighting more than you are kissing, look very carefully and access if you are in the right relationship. If you have been with a partner for a while, it is inevitable that you will fight about things. Just be careful how you fight. All fights can be resolved if both parties want to.
If it is a constant struggle to keep your relationship alive, let go.
To try your best to keep the fire of your relationship burning bright, read on.
1. Be vulnerable: Don’t walk around with impenetrable walls. Your partner needs to see your soft side. Nobody wants an emotionless, hard and secretive partner.
2. Be happy: Fool around, laugh a lot, don’t speak in pessimistic words and don’t talk badly about others. Everybody wants to be with a positive, optimistic and happy person.
3. Keep a balance: Don’t sacrifice all you have in order to keep your partner happy. Keep your hobbies, keep your friends and keep your gym membership. You need to be happy too.
4. There is a good chance that both you and your partner are walking around with baggage from previous, broken relationships. Get rid of it. Put it down, it is too heavy to carry forever.
5. When fights happen: Don’t bicker and fight about trivial nonsense. Talk your heart out about serious and major decisions that the two of you need to consider together, give your opinion and get to some agreement. It is not necessary to fight about where he throws his shoes down after work. Just ignore and step over it. Life’s too short.
6. Blaming games: Don’t always try to figure out who to blame. It is not necessary that a culprit be crucified after every mistake. Talk it out and move on and never fight about the same thing twice.
7. Forgive: It is very important to forgive your partner if he or she did something completely unacceptable. If you don’t forgive, you might as well pack your bags. It will never work.
8. Accept your partner: Every one of us has good attributes and bad ones. If you cannot accept the good with the bad, or if the bad is just so much more than the good in your eyes, start packing. Both partners should love each other with faults and all. Nobody’s perfect.
9. Keep the fun coming: Have fun together. Do exciting things. Visit interesting places and learn new things. All work and no play makes you a dull partner.
10. Keep on romancing: If you feel that romance is pushed onto a back burner, get out the candles, romantic music and good food that you both like. Never stop kissing, this is a golden rule.
You show your vulnerability through relationships, and those feelings are your soft spot. You need to have a soft spot. Victoria Pratt